Tuesday, January 4, 2011

At First Glance... Take a Second Look...

Blasting the radio while driving, as I usually do, the words "They say time is of the essence, but what if the clock is wrong?" Crossed my eardrums & implanted in my brain.
It was crazy I even caught the line, because I know the words to NO songs...
Let me not get too far off track... I got to thinking....
We recently entered into a new year, a new decade actually.
This is the time the gyms are filled, every other commercial is filled with the sweet skinny ballads of Jennifer Hudson, and we are all thinking how we are gonna revamp our lives...
We are gonna make cuts of all the negative people and things in our lives;
This year is finally our year...
We are going to lose weight, get a new attitude, a new man/woman, new job, that degree, hell we can even throw in a new house or car...
All of this is going to happen because our old friend Time changed from 11:59:59 pm to
12:00:00am... One second.
Wow.
One second is supposed to change our lives so much, give us so much courage & strength, perform a miracle.
One second is all we need to change a life time of insecurities, doubts, and vices...
Right..
Before we can open one door, we must close the one we are standing in front of...
I don't have all the answers but I do know that one second will not erase a life time of choices;
Decisions, whether I like them or not, good or bad, were made on my own accord...
One second, such a small & quick aspect of our daily routine;
Yet on one day of the year its arrival is the antithesis of its true meaning...
One Second...
That's all we need?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Growing... Learning... Surviving... Trying to learn to put me first at all times... I am a sucker for love, and a bigger one for loyalty...